If you're looking for an explosion of flavors and spices, Indian cuisine is sure to please your palate. From meat-based to pure vegetarian dishes, there is a vast array of dishes to explore. If you're in Pattaya and wondering where to find the best traditional Indian cuisine, look no further than Chutney Indian Restaurant.
At Chutney Indian Restaurant, we're proud to offer a wide variety of traditional Indian dishes that will tantalize your taste buds. Whether you're a fan of savory snacks or rich curries, we've got you covered. Check out our top ten lip-smacking picks for the best Indian dishes you can't miss:
1. Biryani: Biryani is a flavorful and aromatic rice dish that is widely considered to be one of the crown jewels of Indian cuisine. The dish is believed to have originated in Persia and was brought to the Indian subcontinent by Mughal emperors in the 16th century. Since then, it has become an integral part of Indian cuisine, with each region in India having its own version of Biryani, made with unique local ingredients and cooking techniques.
Biryani is a complete meal in itself, consisting of fragrant long-grain Basmati rice cooked with a variety of spices such as saffron, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaves, and cumin, and meat such as lamb, chicken, or prawns, or simply vegetables. It is served with raita, a yoghurt-based condiment that helps to balance the heat and spice of the dish. Some regions in India also serve Biryani with a side of mirchi ka salan, a spicy and tangy gravy made with green chillies, tamarind, and peanuts. It's a great way to experience the rich flavors and aromas of Indian cuisine.
2. Butter Chicken: A classic North Indian dish that has become a global favorite for its rich and flavorful taste. Tender chicken pieces are marinated in a creamy tomato-based sauce, served with rice or naan bread. The dish is made by marinating and grilling chicken pieces that are then simmered in a tomato-based sauce infused with spices and enriched with cream and butter. The sauce typically includes a blend of aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and garam masala, along with onions, garlic, and ginger. The chicken is cooked in this sauce until tender and flavorful and then served with rice or naan bread.
Whether enjoyed in a restaurant or ordered to your hotel, butter chicken is sure to please any food lover looking for a satisfying and flavorful meal. Our recipe, modified by our chef, Daal Singh, is a blend of the taste of Pandara Road and Dariya Ganj, Delhi.
3. Papri Chaat: A beloved category of popular street food with spicy and tangy flavors from India and Pakistan, Chaat is enjoyed by people of all ages. It's a perfect blend of flavors and textures, with the crispy papri, soft potatoes and chickpeas, tangy tamarind chutney, and creamy yogurt all coming together to create a mouth-watering treat. Papri, the base of the chaat, is made by frying small rounds of dough in hot oil until they are crispy and golden brown. Papri Chaat is often complemented by Paani Poori, another popular street food. Paani Puri, also known as Golgappa or Puchka, is a small, crispy, hollow puri filled with a mixture of spiced mashed potatoes, chickpeas, and tamarind chutney. The puri is then dipped in a tangy and spicy mint-coriander water and eaten in one bite. The combination of crispy puri and flavorful filling makes for a burst of flavors in the mouth. At Chutney Indian, you can try variety of chaat variations - like Papdi Chaat, Samosa Chaat, each bursting with unique flavors and textures.
Papri Chaat is often served alongside Paani Puri, another popular Indian street food. Paani Puri, also known as Golgappa or Puchka, is a small, crispy, hollow puri filled with a mixture of spiced mashed potatoes, chickpeas, and tamarind chutney. The puri is then dipped in a tangy and spicy mint-coriander water and eaten in one bite. The combination of the crispy puri and flavorful filling makes for a burst of flavors in the mouth.
If you are a fan of spicy, tangy, and flavorful foods, then Papri Chaat and Paani Puri are definitely worth trying.
4. Mutter Paneer: is a popular vegetarian dish in Indian cuisine that combines peas (mutter) and paneer (Indian cottage cheese). The dish is typically cooked in a tomato and onion-based gravy with aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and garam masala. It is a creamy, hearty, and flavorful dish that is enjoyed by vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. The combination of soft paneer and sweet green peas in the rich and spicy gravy makes for a delicious and satisfying meal. It is often served with rice, naan, or roti.
5. Samosas: are the perfect savory snack that is loved and enjoyed by people all around the world. They are the perfect blend of flavor and texture that leaves taste buds wanting more. The crispy outer layer of the samosa is perfectly complemented by the delicious filling made with a blend of spices and vegetables cooked to perfection.
Samosas are versatile and can be enjoyed as a quick snack, party appetizer, or as a meal accompaniment.
6. Tandoori Chicken: Tandoori Chicken has become a popular dish not just in India, but all over the world, due to its unique flavor and texture. It is often served at Indian restaurants and is a favorite among meat lovers. To prepare this dish, chicken is marinated for several hours in a mixture of yogurt and spices, and then roasted in a tandoor oven, a traditional cylindrical clay oven. The marinade is usually a blend of cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and oil.
Served with naan bread or rice, it's a must-try dish in any Indian restaurant.
7. Rogan Josh: Rogan Josh, known for its vibrant red color, which comes from the use of Kashmiri red chili powder, is a popular Indian and Pakistani cuisine. It is made from lamb, goat, or chicken, which is tenderized in yogurt and spices to make it tangy, and then simmered in rich tomato gravy. The name "Rogan Josh" is derived from the Persian words "rogan" meaning oil or fat, and "josh" meaning passion or heat, which gives you an idea of what to expect in terms of flavor. The dish is rich, flavorful, and aromatic, with a slight kick of heat from the spices, and is served with rice or naan.
8. Gulab Jamun: No Indian meal is complete without a dessert, and Gulab Jamun is the king of desserts in North India. It is the most popular Indian dessert known for its soft, spongy texture and sweet syrupy taste. These sweet dumplings are made from milk powder or reduced milk solids, soaked in syrup flavored with cardamom and saffron. The name Gulab Jamun is derived from the Persian words "gulab," meaning rose water, and ""jamun," which refers to a small Indian fruit that is similar in shape and size to the dessert. Whether enjoyed as a special treat or as a part of a celebratory feast, Gulab Jamun is a dessert that is sure to delight anyone who tries it.
9. Chole Bhature: Chole Bhature is a beloved dish from North India that is popular all over the country and the world. It can be enjoyed as breakfast, lunch, an evening snack, or a comfort food depending on your level of hunger. It is often considered street food or dhaba food that provides plenty of energy on a long drive. The dish is made up of two main components: Chole, which are spicy chickpeas cooked in a tangy tomato and onion gravy, and Bhature, which are soft, fluffy deep-fried bread. It's a bold and aromatic meal that is satisfying whether you are hungry or not.
10. Tawa Paneer: Vegetables is a popular Indian dish made from paneer (cottage cheese) and mixed vegetables cooked on a tawa, an Indian hot pan or griddle. The dish includes a combination of vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms, sautéed with paneer in a variety of aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and garam masala. It is known for its rich flavor and texture, as well as its versatility. The dish is served as a main course with naan or rice and can also be relished as a side dish to complement other Indian dishes. Tawa Paneer Vegetables is a healthy and nutritious dish that is filled with a range of vitamins and minerals from the vegetables, and the paneer provides a good source of protein for those who do not consume meat.
Whether you're a foodie or just curious about Indian cuisine, we've got something to tantalize your taste buds. Here's why you should choose Chutney Indian:
First and foremost, our chefs use only the freshest ingredients and traditional Indian spices to create mouth-watering dishes that will transport you to the exotic world of India. From classic Indian curries to tandoori specialties, our menu offers a wide range of options to suit any palate. And if you have any specific dietary needs, don't worry - we've got you covered with plenty of choices that cater to different dietary restrictions.
But we don't just offer great food - we also offer convenient takeout and delivery services, so you can enjoy our delicious Indian cuisine from the comfort of your own home. And if you're planning a special event or celebration, our private dining room is the perfect venue to host an unforgettable Indian feast with your loved ones.
Located in the heart of Pattaya, it's easy to find the best Indian food in town at Chutney Indian Restaurant. So if you're searching for "Indian food near me" or looking for the best Indian restaurant in Pattaya, look no further than Chutney Indian. Book a table or place your order now and let us transport you to the exotic world of India!
Exploring the Vibrant City of Pattaya: Unmissable Things to Do, Places to Visit, best dining options